Matt's opinion

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Chewbacca what?

Justin that's the perfect solution to the evolution vs creationism debate. The Chewbacca defense. I mean, it's perfect......flawless even. Wookies can not live on endor, they come from a completely different planet, so a Wookie living on endor just dosen't make sense, therefore, creationism does not make sense! IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!
IF THE LEAF DOSEN'T FIT, YOU MUST AQUIT!!
-refering to the leaf covering adam and eve's naughty bits, but you knew that.

For those of you who are reading and saying to yourselves 'what the hell is he talking about?' you must do two things:
  1. Watch more South Park
  2. Read the comments on my last post

The only other thing I want to comment about is on a show that premired last night where Tommy Lee (drummer from Montley Crue) goes attends college at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. As you might guess, I'm not too keen on Tommy going and making a mockery of higher learning and would quite enjoy seeing him fail out simply because all he did was party. To spite my thoughts, U of N actually took it seriously and gave him a heavy courseload of real classes (chemistry, english, horticulture, and of course marching band). To my surprise he actually got into it and throughout the 2 episodes that were on last night Tommy was studying for and participating in his classes, and doing fairly well. I think the show, so far, is doing a decent job of portraying how difficult it is to get ahead in college and actually get the most out of all the classes you take. We'll just see how long that continues though, I really doubt the TV show producers and Tommy can really hold out on failure for very long. Only time will tell.

Back to work.

1 Comments:

  • ...and I think we can all agree that his tutor was smoking hot.
    What? A little to over the top? Ok, allow me to defend myself on this one before I get labelled as a chauvanist (spelling?) pig:
    See, there's this friend of mine I know. His name is Chewbacca...
    Moving on:
    Today on the morning commute to my work, a radio talk show offered up something interesting. It was asking what you would do if you could pull a Tommy Lee and go back to college. Understanding that Matt is currently still in college (hey, a lot of people go to school for 7 years!), we'll put a twist on it. What would your focus be if you didn't do your current major?
    example: Although I'm an accountant, I actually would rather have been in the medical field. Only thing that kept me out of that was Bradley's biology program not interesting me very much so I decided to go to the business college instead.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home