Matt's opinion

Thursday, January 26, 2006

This and that

I just got done subbing for my last physical geology lab of the week. Since the two TA's who should have been there are in Equador at a conference and doing field work. Otherwise not much is going on. Today may vary well be my first day without cable in a very long time. I decided to cancel it because it just got too expensive and we could use the money to go out more. We realized that we'll only be in Florida for a few more months and we want to get out and experience as much as we can.

The only problem with that is I'm not going to see The Daily Show or The Colbert Report anymore. You have no idea how depressing that is. So to help fend off certain insanity I've subscribed to the weekly email updates from each of the two shows and a joke of the day from Comedy Central's website. Strangely I've also signed up for the daily newspaper (strange because a creepy guy came to my door last night and sold me a 13 week subscription), so what I'm hoping to do is to read the paper every night and then type up some comments (possibly witty comments) and post them the next morning. We'll see how that goes. I should start next week sometime. For now, I have to figure out what I'm going to do this weekend as Melissa is going home for her grandmother's birthday party. I have no idea. I'll probably just stay home and not bathe or change my clothes or clean anything at all all weekend. Mmmmmm filth. Only time will tell.

2 Comments:

  • I vote for you doing something fun and exciting because without the internet and tv, you'll probably lose your mind just sitting at home. You could always do research. =P

    Oh, and I'm finally going to the post office tomorrow to mail you those CDs. I haven't been on that side of this booming metropolis in a while, so yeah...

    Cheers!
    ~ Julz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • I suggest clearing out a large portion of your living room, putting "The Thong Song" on and then start doing cartwheels around the house. I mean-hold on- What the heck is this pennystock thing about?! I would say that you've been spammed on your blog comment. Tell ya what, invest in this new company: Justco Enterprises. Seriously. Stock is selling pretty cheap right now, and it's the time to invest. Just send a check payable to "cash" up to my address in Chicago and I'll send you this official piece of paper saying your a shareholder (the writing in crayon is what makes it official).
    I mean, c'mon...odds are about the same of getting return on your money for investing in junk-stock.
    -Justin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home