Matt's opinion

Friday, November 04, 2005

1 blog in the last month, sounds about right

I can't believe how busy I've been over the past few weeks, and things just keep adding up. Last night I was in my office until 11pm working on a project to turn in for my FL Keys class. Yes that's right a class about the Keys. With all the stuff that's going on I haven't had time to write outlandish comments about the news. Luckily you all have the Daily Show and the Colbert Report (the t's are silent) to tide you over while I'm away. Those shows are absolutely hilarious by the way, you should watch them.

I'll start out with an article Melissa sent me a while back to write about. I don't have the link anymore, but it was an article on CNN.com about a law that passed the U.S. House and was being sent to the Senate. The bill was nicknamed the "Cheeseburger bill" because it shielded fast food makers from lawsuits by people who claimed that they got fat and their health suffered because they ate fast food. Let me just go ahead and start out with this: DUH DUMBASS!!!!! Granted, fast food is really good and it's so easy, but last time I checked no one was forcing it down your throat you friggin whale. The only thing making you fat and unhealthy is YOU and YOU are the only one to blame. What's worse is that the judicial system is turning out decisions for these people bringing lawsuits. I might be able to understand the need for a lawsuit before fast food chains started distributing nutrition info on all of their food, but now that they do it's not their fault anymore. Case closed, moving on..

I think I'm one of the only people in the country that admire what the Democrats did in the Senate chambers the other day. For those of you who don't know the Democratic leadership called for a closed session and demanded progress on the investigation into the Bush Administration's use of intelligence before the Iraq War. For whatever reason, no progress (or reports of progress from the media) had happened for about a year. It's about damn time the Democrats grew some balls and actually stood up for themselves instead of hiding behind the curtains in the back of the room. This investigation should have happened a long time ago and Bush should have been impeached a long time ago. I mean for crying out loud Clinton got impeached for a BJ in the oval office, but when Bush sends thousands to die on information that was outright false and is still doing so is absolutely insane. I could go on about how the Republicans are trying to cover up the issue and change the subject but that's what anyone in power would do and I don't blame them. I blame the Democrats for not pursuing this earlier. The time to strike on this was during the election and immediately after when it was front page news already. Now that everyone's forgot about it the impression is that they're only bringing it up because Bush's approval rating is at its lowest ever. This isn't just party politics its people's lives that are at stake.

On a similar note, Karl Rove or anyone else who was involved in the Plame case for that matter should resign immediately. This is the White House of the United States of America; if you can't respect that institution or jeopardize the country like Rove and Libby did you should not be allowed to be a part of it. And again, it's not a party politics thing either. Yes Rove is the devil in a gray suit but he committed a crime and now people are lying to cover it up and save his ass because if he's forced to leave Bush will become an even bigger clamoring idiot than he already is. The difference being that the public would see that Bush is a clamoring idiot if Rove wasn't there to set the stage just right. I can picture Bush weaving around a stage bumbling and drooling like a mental patient, which may be exaggerating but I think you get the point.

I'll leave you all with that mental image, because I happen to like it. I'll try to post more often, but no promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home