Matt's opinion

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Don't I say this a lot?

Why hello everyone. It seems that every time I post I say something like "wow, it's been a while hasn't it?" You'd think I'd lose my fan base by not posting anything for over a month but no, you're here aren't you? Let me update you on what's going on:

Melissa and I were back in Chicago for Christmas, but before you get upset that we didn't visit you, let me just say that we never stopped moving while we were in town (except to sleep of course). The good news is we saw just about everyone on both sides of the family, the bad news is we didn't get to see many friends. Well hopefully that will change next year. For those of you who haven't heard we're moving back to Chicagoland this summer. I'll be finishing my master's in April and hopefully will be starting at a new school this fall, continuing my pursuit of a PhD. I've applied to Northern Illinois, Univ of Illinois at Chicago, and Northwestern. Melissa is hoping for anything besides Northern. Apparently Northern emotionally scared her in some way in the past, or maybe she just has an uncontrollable fear of corn stalks. Either way she wants to be closer to the city. I don't care which I get in to, so we'll see how it goes.

Everything is fine on the homefront here in Florida. We recently got new phones through Verizon's 'New Every 2' promotion where after a 2 year contract you get a free new phone. We went a little overboard with accessories by buying memory cards so that we can play mp3's on our phones, but I think it's worth it. We'll see how it pans out. That's about it for me today. We just canceled our phone and internet services at home so I can't continue this post later. The internet is really all we used our home phone for anyway so we figured it wasn't worth paying $50/mo for dial up internet access. I'll try to post again tomorrow. This semester I should have a lot more time on my hands so I'll try to post more often, but then again I say that on every post.

1 Comments:

  • You'd have to go like a year between posts to lose your fan base! Glad you had a good break and you definitely need to post more often this semester. =P

    Oh, and I burned you those CDs when I got back from AGU but forgot to mail them before I left for Michigan so I'll send them when I get back to Idaho...

    ~ Julz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home