Matt's opinion

Friday, August 19, 2005

Random

Random thoughts:
I think that if I were to go back in time and start out college again studying something other than geology I would probably study history and political science. That should come as a gigantic shock to those of you who read this. I've always liked both of those subjects but haven't been able to make time to study them. I've been getting a lot more involved in politics in the last few years than I ever thought I would (being old enough to vote sure helped out). I'm still not quite sure why politics is deemed a science. Anybody? Science is pretty black and white, you either prove something is wrong or you don't. On the other hand politics is very back and forth, full of arguements and compromises. Even though I like to talk about and think about compromises between ideas, it's often much harder to accept compromises in my own life than to promote compromising in the life's of others. That's enough of the philosophical ramblings for now, it was fun though.

1 Comments:

  • ahh, politics...
    "seperated, you have poli (or poly), meaning "many" and tics, meaning "blood sucking insects"
    so therefore, you can think of politics as many blood sucking creatures."
    -I think it's from Robin Williams (but paraphrased)

    "If the opposite of Pro is Con...then what's the opposite of Progress?"
    -No idea who said this

    "...international relations; the art of one country screwing over another."
    -Tom Clancy

    Thank you folks, and have a good day.
    -Justin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home