Matt's opinion

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Don't be so defensive

For those of you who are on the edge of your seat waiting for news from my defense.................... I passed. My talk went ~35 minutes and I was done with the whole thing (post defense questions from committee and all) in about 2 hours.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. For the most part my committee made more recommendations on how to improve my thesis rather than drilling me about why I did what and when. I'm starting on the revisions tomorrow and I should be done by the end of the week (hopefully). I wish I could say it was a huge relief to be done but it just wasn't. I'm still really anxious about where I'll be this fall.

The good news is that I had nothing to do this weekend, which is the first time in quite a long time that's happened. Saturday I read the newspaper for the first time in 3 weeks, and finished reading Al Franken's book "The Truth, with jokes" which was funny, but just a rehashing of all the gripes about the Bush White House. I'm having trouble deciding what to read next, maybe you all can help. Should I read "The Da Vinci Code" or "Character is Destiny" by John McCain?

Today we went to the coolest beach I think I've ever been to. It was at Fort DeSoto Park near St. Petersburg. There wasn't a condo development in site!!! I would recommend this park over Clearwater Beach any day of the week. Miles of beautiful beach with crystal clear water that's shallow enough for you to walk out about 50 feet or so and only be 2-3 feet deep. Ironically the water at Clearwater Beach isn't clear, false advertisement if you ask me.

That's all for now, let me know what you think about the next book to read.

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on the successful defense! And it sounds like you don't have too many corrections! Good for you!

    I'd read "The Da Vinci Code", but that's just me.

    ~ Julz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home