Matt's opinion

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What a weekend.....

Why hello there. It's been quite a weekend. To start things off, I graduated on Saturday. The ceremony was reasonably interesting, but I'm really disappointed there was no keynote address. Normally, universities go out and get some politician or educator or someone of importance to give a speech to graduates encouraging them to take their initiative into the workforce and do something positive (or something to that effect, it's all crap anyway--how's that for positive?). Unfortunately USF doesn't believe in sending its graduates off with a bang. Maybe there was a speaker for the undergrads, I don't know, but I'm still disappointed.

The rest of the weekend went really well. Sunday we went to Seaworld, which was friggin awesome. I've been looking forward to going there since we moved down here two years ago. Pictures of graduation and the park can be seen by clicking on the title to this entry or the link at the end. I won't discuss it fully, because you can just look at the pictures. I think we're going to Disney World this weekend. I'm not too excited about it, mainly because it's costing an arm and a leg, but it's something we have to do while it's still only an hour away. That's our mentality recently, since we're gonna be moving soon we had better do all those things we'll wish we should have done after we've moved back.

I really think that's it for now. There hasn't been any interesting news stories that have peaked my interest recently. I can't wait till Dateline tonight. They recently did one of those "Internet Predator" shows in Ft. Meyers and I'm anxious to see what happened, like we don't already know. For those of you who don't know, Florida has one of the highest percentages of registered sex offenders in the nation. So needless to say it'll be interesting to see what comes out of the woodwork. Till next time....

http://community.webshots.com/user/mwise00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home