Matt's opinion

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cheating

The other night when our friends Brock and Tracy were in town we got on the topic of cheating in schools when I said that while I TA'd an online course at USF I caught multiple people cheating and I turned in every single one of them. I hate cheating, especially when it's as obvious as copying paragraphs off web sites and turning them in as your own work. I've found an article that explains exactly why I feel so strongly about cheating. To sum up the article, too many people cheat. The figures in this article are indefensible and both current and future educators should do their up-most (sp?) to make sure this rate goes down. Perhaps then people in this country wouldn't be so damn stupid and we could start on a path to once again leading the world in science and technology.

Here's the article:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/09/20/cheating.reut/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home