Matt's opinion

Monday, September 25, 2006

Epic battle ends in defeat

I know what you're thinking, but no, I'm not going to talk about the recent leak of the National Intelligence Estimate (NIE). I'm going to talk about something that involves far greater consequences for me personally. This is really hard to admit, but I feel like I'd be lying to myself and to every one of you if I didn't just come out and say it.

Those of you who know me best know that I deplore coffee in all it's various forms and temperatures. Alas, in an attempt to perform at a higher level in my current capacity as a PhD student, I fear I have succumb to the greatest temptation of them all: consuming coffee and coffee related paraphinalia (sp?). I know it's disappointing, God knows I'm disappointed in myself, but it was inevitable. I simply have to read too many dry scientific papers that, while informative, are overwhelmingly boring.

I should note that all efforts are being taken to minimize the amount of coffee, and coffee related paraphinalia, I consume and that in the event of an addiction (which I fear is also inevitable) I know that I have a support structure in all of you I can rely on.

Thank you in advance for your support. That's all for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home